Related occupations for task:
Stamp, etch, or scribe identifying information on finished component according to specifications.
||Stone Cutters and Carvers, Manufacturing
- Shape, trim, or touch up roughed-out designs with appropriate tools to finish carvings.
- Drill holes and cut or carve moldings and grooves in stone, according to diagrams and patterns.
- Carve designs or figures in full or bas relief on stone, employing knowledge of stone carving techniques and sense of artistry to produce carvings consistent with designers' plans.
- Carve rough designs freehand or by chipping along marks on stone, using mallets and chisels or pneumatic tools.
- Guide nozzles over stone, following stencil outlines, or chip along marks to create designs or to work surfaces down to specified finishes.
||Etchers and Engravers
- Engrave and print patterns, designs, etchings, trademarks, or lettering onto flat or curved surfaces of a wide variety of metal, glass, plastic, or paper items, using hand tools or hand-held power tools.
- Cut outlines of impressions with gravers, and remove excess material with knives.
- Guide stylus over template, causing cutting tool to duplicate design or letters on workpiece.
- Sandblast exposed areas of glass to cut designs in surfaces, using spray guns.
- Carve designs and letters onto metal for transfer to other surfaces.
||Jewelers and Precious Stone and Metal Workers
- Mark, engrave, or emboss designs on metal pieces such as castings, wire, or jewelry, following specifications.
- Cut designs in molds or other materials to be used as models in the fabrication of metal and jewelry products.
||Pourers and Casters, Metal
- Stencil identifying information on ingots and pigs, using special hand tools.
||Print Binding and Finishing Workers
- Perform highly skilled hand finishing binding operations, such as grooving or lettering.
See all 6 related occupations >>