Related occupations for task:
Check conditions and traffic at different altitudes in response to pilots' requests for altitude changes.
||Bridge and Lock Tenders
- Observe approaching vessels to determine size and speed, and listen for whistle signals indicating desire to pass.
- Observe position and progress of vessels to ensure best use of lock spaces or bridge opening spaces.
- Maintain and guard stations in bridges to check waterways for boat traffic.
- Check that bridges are clear of vehicles and pedestrians prior to opening.
- Raise drawbridges and observe passage of water traffic or lower drawbridges and raise automobile gates.
||Sailors and Marine Oilers
- Stand watch in ships' bows or bridge wings to look for obstructions in a ship's path or to locate navigational aids, such as buoys or lighthouses.
- Stand gangway watches to prevent unauthorized persons from boarding ships while in port.
- Participate in shore patrols.
||Mates- Ship, Boat, and Barge
- Stand watches on vessels during specified periods while vessels are under way.
- Observe tracks to detect obstructions.
||Tank Car, Truck, and Ship Loaders
- Observe positions of cars passing loading spouts, and swing spouts into the correct positions at the appropriate times.
See all 13 related occupations >>