Related occupations for task:
Recommend changes to improve systems and network configurations, and determine hardware or software requirements related to such changes.
||Software Quality Assurance Engineers and Testers
- Provide feedback and recommendations to developers on software usability and functionality.
- Identify program deviance from standards, and suggest modifications to ensure compliance.
- Evaluate or recommend software for testing or bug tracking.
- Collaborate with field staff or customers to evaluate or diagnose problems and recommend possible solutions.
||Computer Systems Engineers/Architects
- Provide advice on project costs, design concepts, or design changes.
- Identify system data, hardware, or software components required to meet user needs.
- Investigate system component suitability for specified purposes and make recommendations regarding component use.
- Evaluate existing systems to determine effectiveness and suggest changes to meet organizational requirements.
||Software Developers, Systems Software
- Analyze information to determine, recommend, and plan installation of a new system or modification of an existing system.
- Specify power supply requirements and configuration.
- Evaluate factors such as reporting formats required, cost constraints, or need for security restrictions to determine hardware configuration.
- Identify or address interoperability requirements.
- Recommend Web site improvements, and develop budgets to support recommendations.
- Correct testing-identified problems, or recommend actions for their resolution.
||Software Developers, Applications
- Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Analyze information to determine, recommend, and plan computer specifications and layouts, and peripheral equipment modifications.
- Obtain and evaluate information on factors such as reporting formats required, costs, and security needs to determine hardware configuration.
See all 17 related occupations >>