Related occupations for task:
Compute prices for services and receive payment, or provide supervisors with billing information.
||Insurance Claims and Policy Processing Clerks
- Calculate amount of claim.
- Notify insurance agent and accounting department of policy cancellation.
- Collect initial premiums and issue receipts.
- Calculate premiums, refunds, commissions, adjustments, or new reserve requirements, using insurance rate standards.
- Receive checks and cash for deposit, verify amounts, and check accuracy of deposit slips.
- Receive and count daily inventories of cash, drafts, and travelers' checks.
- Receive mortgage, loan, or public utility bill payments, verifying payment dates and amounts due.
- Inform customers about foreign currency regulations and compute transaction fees for currency exchanges.
||Billing and Posting Clerks
- Post stop-payment notices to prevent payment of protested checks.
- Review documents, such as purchase orders, sales tickets, charge slips, or hospital records, to compute fees or charges due.
- Compute credit terms, discounts, shipment charges, or rates for goods or services to complete billing documents.
- Estimate market value of products or services.
- Compute total charges for merchandise or services and shipping charges.
- Collect payment for merchandise, record transactions, and send items, such as checks or money orders for further processing.
- Notify departments when supplies of specific items are low, or when orders would deplete available supplies.
- Establish or identify prices of goods, services, or admission, and tabulate bills, using calculators, cash registers, or optical price scanners.
- Calculate total payments received during a time period, and reconcile this with total sales.
- Compute and record totals of transactions.
See more related occupations >>