Related Occupations for Task
45-2092.01 - Nursery Workers
Related occupations for task:
Dig, cut, and transplant seedlings, cuttings, trees, and shrubs.
- Stop saw engines, pull cutting bars from cuts, and run to safety as tree falls.
- Saw back-cuts, leaving sufficient sound wood to control direction of fall.
- Measure felled trees and cut them into specified log lengths, using chain saws and axes.
- Control the direction of a tree's fall by scoring cutting lines with axes, sawing undercuts along scored lines with chainsaws, knocking slabs from cuts with single-bit axes, and driving wedges.
- Insert jacks or drive wedges behind saws to prevent binding of saws and to start trees falling.
- Split logs, using axes, wedges, and mauls, and stack wood in ricks or cord lots.
||Forest and Conservation Workers
- Sow or harvest cover crops, such as alfalfa.
- Identify diseased or undesirable trees and remove them, using power saws or hand saws.
- Select or cut trees according to markings or sizes, types, or grades.
- Select tree seedlings, prepare the ground, or plant the trees in reforestation areas, using manual planting tools.
||Farmworkers and Laborers, Crop
- Dig and plant seeds, or transplant seedlings by hand.
||Logging Equipment Operators
- Drive and maneuver tractors and tree harvesters to shear the tops off of trees, cut and limb the trees, and cut the logs into desired lengths.
||Log Graders and Scalers
- Saw felled trees into lengths.
See all 6 related occupations >>