Related Occupations for Task
45-4021.00 - Fallers
Related occupations for task:
Stop saw engines, pull cutting bars from cuts, and run to safety as tree falls.
||Logging Equipment Operators
- Control hydraulic tractors equipped with tree clamps and booms to lift, swing, and bunch sheared trees.
- Drive straight or articulated tractors equipped with accessories such as bulldozer blades, grapples, logging arches, cable winches, and crane booms, to skid, load, unload, or stack logs, pull stumps, or clear brush.
- Drive crawler or wheeled tractors to drag or transport logs from felling sites to log landing areas for processing and loading.
- Drive tractors for the purpose of building or repairing logging and skid roads.
- Drive and maneuver tractors and tree harvesters to shear the tops off of trees, cut and limb the trees, and cut the logs into desired lengths.
||Forest and Conservation Workers
- Identify diseased or undesirable trees and remove them, using power saws or hand saws.
- Operate skidders, bulldozers, or other prime movers to pull a variety of scarification or site preparation equipment over areas to be regenerated.
- Select or cut trees according to markings or sizes, types, or grades.
- Thin or space trees, using power thinning saws.
- Prune or shear tree tops or limbs to control growth, increase density, or improve shape.
||Log Graders and Scalers
- Saw felled trees into lengths.
- Tend conveyor chains that move logs to and from scaling stations.
||Farmworkers and Laborers, Crop, Nursery, and Greenhouse
- Dig, cut, and transplant seedlings, cuttings, trees, and shrubs.