||Insulation Workers, Floor, Ceiling, and Wall
- Fit, wrap, staple, or glue insulating materials to structures or surfaces, using hand tools or wires.
- Cover and line structures with blown or rolled forms of materials to insulate against cold, heat, or moisture, using saws, knives, rasps, trowels, blowers, or other tools and implements.
- Distribute insulating materials evenly into small spaces within floors, ceilings, or walls, using blowers and hose attachments, or cement mortars.
- Move controls, buttons, or levers to start blowers and regulate flow of materials through nozzles.
- Cover, seal, or finish insulated surfaces or access holes with plastic covers, canvas strips, sealants, tape, cement or asphalt mastic.
- Waterproof or damp-proof walls, floors, roofs, foundations, or basements by painting or spraying surfaces with waterproof coatings or by attaching waterproofing membranes to surfaces.
- Install vapor barriers or layers of insulation on flat roofs.
- Cover exposed nailheads with roofing cement or caulking to prevent water leakage or rust.
- Spray roofs, sidings, or walls to bind, seal, insulate, or soundproof sections of structures, using spray guns, air compressors, or heaters.
- Spray materials, such as water, sand, steam, vinyl, paint, or stucco, through hoses to clean, coat, or seal surfaces.
- Apply caulking compounds by hand or caulking guns to protect against entry of water or air.
- Perform building weatherization tasks, such as repairing windows, adding insulation, or applying weather-stripping materials.
- Apply weather-stripping to reduce energy loss.
||Weatherization Installers and Technicians
- Apply insulation materials such as loose, blanket, board, and foam insulation to attics, crawl spaces, basements, or walls.
- Wrap air ducts and water lines with insulating materials, such as duct wrap and pipe insulation.
- Prepare and apply weather-stripping, glazing, caulking, or door sweeps to reduce energy losses.
- Wrap water heaters with water heater blankets.
||Solar Thermal Installers and Technicians
- Apply weather seal, such as pipe flashings and sealants, to roof penetrations and structural devices.
- Cut, miter, and glue piping insulation to insulate plumbing pipes and fittings.
- Apply ultraviolet radiation protection to prevent degradation of plumbing.