Related occupations for task:
Prepare surfaces for insulation application by brushing or spreading on adhesives, cement, or asphalt, or by attaching metal pins to surfaces.
||Tile and Marble Setters
- Apply mortar to tile back, position the tile, and press or tap with trowel handle to affix tile to base.
- Prepare surfaces for tiling by attaching lath or waterproof paper, or by applying a cement mortar coat to a metal screen.
- Spread mastic or other adhesive base on roof deck to form base for promenade tile, using serrated spreader.
- Brush glue onto manila paper on which design has been drawn and position tiles, finished side down, onto paper.
- Apply adhesives to the backs of paper strips, using brushes, or dunk strips of prepasted wallcovering in water, wiping off any excess adhesive.
- Apply sizing to seal surfaces and maximize adhesion of coverings to surfaces.
- Apply thinned glue to waterproof porous surfaces, using brushes, rollers, or pasting machines.
- Mix paste, using paste powder and water, and brush paste onto surfaces.
||Floor Layers, Except Carpet, Wood, and Hard Tiles
- Sweep, scrape, sand, or chip dirt and irregularities to clean base surfaces, correcting imperfections that may show through the covering.
- Form a smooth foundation by stapling plywood or Masonite over the floor or by brushing waterproof compound onto surface and filling cracks with plaster, putty, or grout to seal pores.
- Apply adhesive cement to floor or wall material to join and adhere foundation material.
- Spread and smooth cementing material over tape, using trowels or floating machines to blend joints with wall surfaces.
- Apply texturizing compounds or primers to walls or ceilings before final finishing, using trowels, brushes, rollers, or spray guns.
- Use mechanical applicators that spread compounds and embed tape in one operation.
- Glue and clamp edges or joints of assembled parts.
- Cut tile or linoleum to fit and spread adhesives on flooring for installation.
See all 17 related occupations >>