Related Occupations for Task
17-2071.00 - Electrical Engineers
Related occupations for task:
Prepare technical drawings, specifications of electrical systems, or topographical maps to ensure that installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements.
- Use computer-aided drafting equipment or conventional drafting stations, technical handbooks, tables, calculators, and traditional drafting tools, such as boards, pencils, protractors, and T-squares.
- Draft working drawings, wiring diagrams, wiring connection specifications or cross-sections of underground cables, as required for instructions to installation crew.
- Assemble documentation packages and produce drawing sets which are checked by an engineer or an architect.
- Draw master sketches to scale showing relation of proposed installations to existing facilities and exact specifications and dimensions.
- Reproduce working drawings on copy machines or trace drawings in ink.
||Electrical Engineering Technologists
- Design or modify engineering schematics for electrical transmission and distribution systems or for electrical installation in residential, commercial, or industrial buildings, using computer-aided design (CAD) software.