Related Occupations for Task
49-2021.01 - Radio Mechanics
Related occupations for task:
Install, adjust, and repair stationary and mobile radio transmitting and receiving equipment and two-way radio communication systems.
||Control and Valve Installers and Repairers, Except Mechanical Door
- Turn valves to allow measured amounts of air or gas to pass through meters at specified flow rates.
- Vary air pressure flowing into regulators and turn handles to assess functioning of valves and pistons.
- Dismantle meters, and replace or adjust defective parts such as cases, shafts, gears, disks, and recording mechanisms, using soldering irons and hand tools.
- Make adjustments to meter components, such as setscrews or timing mechanisms, so that they conform to specifications.
||Musical Instrument Repairers and Tuners
- Adjust string tensions to tune instruments, using hand tools and electronic tuning devices.
- String instruments, and adjust trusses and bridges of instruments to obtain specified string tensions and heights.
- Adjust felt hammers on pianos to increase tonal mellowness or brilliance, using sanding paddles, lacquer, or needles.
||Electronic Home Entertainment Equipment Installers and Repairers
- Install, service, and repair electronic equipment or instruments such as televisions, radios, and videocassette recorders.
- Tune or adjust equipment and instruments to obtain optimum visual or auditory reception, according to specifications, manuals, and drawings.
- Position or mount speakers, and wire speakers to consoles.
||Electric Motor, Power Tool, and Related Repairers
- Adjust working parts, such as fan belts, contacts, and springs, using hand tools and gauges.
- Verify and adjust alignments and dimensions of parts, using gauges and tracing lathes.
- Set machinery for proper performance, using computers.
||Computer, Automated Teller, and Office Machine Repairers
- Repair, adjust, or replace electrical or mechanical components or parts, using hand tools, power tools, or soldering or welding equipment.
- Clean, oil, or adjust mechanical parts to maintain machines' operating efficiency and to prevent breakdowns.
See more related occupations >>