Related Occupations for Task
49-2021.01 - Radio Mechanics
Related occupations for task:
Test batteries, using hydrometers and ammeters, and charge batteries as necessary.
||Electric Motor, Power Tool, and Related Repairers
- Test conditions, fluid levels, and specific gravities of electrolyte cells, using voltmeters, hydrometers, and thermometers.
- Repair and operate battery-charging equipment.
- Test battery charges, and replace or recharge batteries as necessary.
||Electronic Home Entertainment Equipment Installers and Repairers
- Disassemble entertainment equipment and repair or replace loose, worn, or defective components and wiring, using hand tools and soldering irons.
- Install, service, and repair electronic equipment or instruments such as televisions, radios, and videocassette recorders.
- Calibrate and test equipment, and locate circuit and component faults, using hand and power tools and measuring and testing instruments such as resistance meters and oscilloscopes.
||Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Powerhouse, Substation, and Relay
- Construct, test, maintain, and repair substation relay and control systems.
- Test insulators and bushings of equipment by inducing voltage across insulation, testing current, and calculating insulation loss.
||Electrical and Electronics Installers and Repairers, Transportation Equipment
- Reassemble and test equipment after repairs.
- Repair or rebuild equipment such as starters, generators, distributors, or door controls, using electrician's tools.
||Telecommunications Equipment Installers and Repairers, Except Line Installers
- Test circuits and components of malfunctioning telecommunications equipment to isolate sources of malfunctions, using test meters, circuit diagrams, polarity probes, and other hand tools.
- Repair or replace faulty equipment such as defective and damaged telephones, wires, switching system components, and associated equipment.
See all 20 related occupations >>