Related occupations for task:
Calibrate and test equipment, and locate circuit and component faults, using hand and power tools and measuring and testing instruments such as resistance meters and oscilloscopes.
||Computer, Automated Teller, and Office Machine Repairers
- Align, adjust, or calibrate equipment according to specifications.
- Test components or circuits of faulty equipment to locate defects, using oscilloscopes, signal generators, ammeters, voltmeters, or special diagnostic software programs.
- Calibrate testing instruments.
||Control and Valve Installers and Repairers, Except Mechanical Door
- Calibrate instrumentation, such as meters, gauges, and regulators, for pressure, temperature, flow, and level.
- Calibrate thermostats for specified temperature or pressure settings.
- Calibrate and align components, using scales, gauges, and other measuring instruments.
- Test batteries, using hydrometers and ammeters, and charge batteries as necessary.
||Electric Motor, Power Tool, and Related Repairers
- Test conditions, fluid levels, and specific gravities of electrolyte cells, using voltmeters, hydrometers, and thermometers.
- Test battery charges, and replace or recharge batteries as necessary.
||Signal and Track Switch Repairers
- Inspect and test operation, mechanical parts, and circuitry of gate crossings, signals, and signal equipment such as interlocks and hotbox detectors.
- Tighten loose bolts, using wrenches, and test circuits and connections by opening and closing gates.
See more related occupations >>