Related occupations for task:
Open and close doors, windows, and drawers to test their operation, trimming edges to fit, using jackplanes or drawknives.
||Musical Instrument Repairers and Tuners
- Play instruments to evaluate their sound quality and to locate any defects.
- Compare instrument pitches with tuning tool pitches to tune instruments.
- Strike wood, fiberglass, or metal bars of instruments, and use tuned blocks, stroboscopes, or electronic tuners to evaluate tones made by instruments.
- Cut new drumheads from animal skins, using scissors, and soak drumheads in water to make them pliable.
- Cut out sections around cracks on percussion instruments to prevent cracks from advancing, using shears or grinding wheels.
||Automotive Body and Related Repairers
- Cut and tape plastic separating film to outside repair areas to avoid damaging surrounding surfaces during repair procedure and remove tape and wash surfaces after repairs are complete.
- Remove upholstery, accessories, electrical window-and-seat-operating equipment, and trim to gain access to vehicle bodies and fenders.
- Cut openings in vehicle bodies for the installation of customized windows, using templates and power shears or chisels.
- Measure and mark vinyl material and cut material to size for roof installation, using rules, straightedges, and hand shears.
||Electric Motor, Power Tool, and Related Repairers
- Test equipment for overheating, using speed gauges and thermometers.
- Cut and form insulation, and insert insulation into armature, rotor, or stator slots.
||Electrical Power-Line Installers and Repairers
- Trim trees that could be hazardous to the functioning of cables or wires.
- Cut and peel lead sheathing and insulation from defective or newly installed cables and conduits prior to splicing.
||Bus and Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists
- Attach test instruments to equipment, and read dials and gauges to diagnose malfunctions.
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor analyzers, chassis charts, or pressure gauges.
See more related occupations >>