||Woodworking Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Except Sawing
- Adjust machine tables or cutting devices and set controls on machines to produce specified cuts or operations.
- Install and adjust blades, cutterheads, boring-bits, or sanding-belts, using hand tools and rules.
- Change alignment and adjustment of sanding, cutting, or boring machine guides to prevent defects in finished products, using hand tools.
- Determine product specifications and materials, work methods, and machine setup requirements, according to blueprints, oral or written instructions, drawings, or work orders.
||Etchers and Engravers
- Adjust depths and sizes of cuts by adjusting heights of worktables, or by adjusting machine-arm gauges.
- Set reduction scales to attain specified sizes of reproduction on workpieces, and set pantograph controls for required heights, depths, and widths of cuts.
- Determine machine settings, and move bars or levers to reproduce designs on rollers or plates.
- Observe actions of cutting tools through microscopes and adjust stylus movement to ensure accurate reproduction.
||Cutting and Slicing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Remove defective or substandard materials from machines, and readjust machine components so that products meet standards.
- Type instructions on computer keyboards, push buttons to activate computer programs, or manually set cutting guides, clamps, and knives.
- Position width gauge blocks between blades, and level blades and insert wedges into frames to secure blades to frames.
||Multiple Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Select, install, and adjust alignment of drills, cutters, dies, guides, and holding devices, using templates, measuring instruments, and hand tools.
- Move controls or mount gears, cams, or templates in machines to set feed rates and cutting speeds, depths, and angles.
||Cutting, Punching, and Press Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Turn controls to set cutting speeds, feed rates, or table angles for specified operations.
- Set blade tensions, heights, and angles to perform prescribed cuts, using wrenches.