Related occupations for task:
Turn setscrews on needle bars, and position required numbers of needles in stitching machines.
||Sewing Machine Operators
- Start and operate or tend machines, such as single or double needle serging and flat-bed felling machines, to automatically join, reinforce, or decorate material or articles.
- Turn knobs, screws, and dials to adjust settings of machines, according to garment styles and equipment performance.
- Mount attachments, such as needles, cutting blades, or pattern plates, and adjust machine guides according to specifications.
- Perform specialized or automatic sewing machine functions, such as buttonhole making or tacking.
||Tailors, Dressmakers, and Custom Sewers
- Sew garments, using needles and thread or sewing machines.
- Assemble garment parts and join parts with basting stitches, using needles and thread or sewing machines.
||Shoe and Leather Workers and Repairers
- Repair or replace soles, heels, and other parts of footwear, using sewing, buffing and other shoe repair machines, materials, and equipment.
- Operate sewing machines or sew upholstery by hand to seam cushions and join various sections of covering material.
||Print Binding and Finishing Workers
- Stitch or glue endpapers, bindings, backings, or signatures, using sewing machines, glue machines, or glue and brushes.
See all 7 related occupations >>