||Sewing Machine Operators
- Position items under needles, using marks on machines, clamps, templates, or cloth as guides.
- Select supplies such as fasteners and thread, according to job requirements.
- Position material or articles in clamps, templates, or hoop frames prior to automatic operation of machines.
||Woodworking Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Except Sawing
- Determine product specifications and materials, work methods, and machine setup requirements, according to blueprints, oral or written instructions, drawings, or work orders.
- Secure woodstock against a guide or in a holding device, place woodstock on a conveyor, or dump woodstock in a hopper to feed woodstock into machines.
||Cutting, Punching, and Press Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Position, align, and secure workpieces against fixtures or stops on machine beds or on dies.
- Place workpieces on cutting tables, manually or using hoists, cranes, or sledges.
||Molding, Coremaking, and Casting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Select coolants and lubricants, and start their flow.
- Position and secure workpieces on machines, and start feeding mechanisms.
||Multiple Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Position, adjust, and secure stock material or workpieces against stops, on arbors, or in chucks, fixtures, or automatic feeding mechanisms, manually or using hoists.
- Select the proper coolants and lubricants and start their flow.