Related occupations for task:
Stop machines when specified amounts of product have been produced.
||Textile Winding, Twisting, and Drawing Out Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Start machines, monitor operation, and make adjustments as needed.
- Stop machines when specified amount of products has been produced.
- Tend machines that twist together two or more strands of yarn or insert additional twists into single strands of yarn to increase strength, smoothness, or uniformity of yarn.
- Adjust machine settings such as speed or tension to produce products that meet specifications.
- Tend spinning frames that draw out and twist roving or sliver into yarn.
- Tend machines with multiple winding units that wind thread onto shuttle bobbins for use on sewing machines or other kinds of bobbins for sole-stitching, knitting, or weaving machinery.
- Tend machines that wind wire onto bobbins, preparatory to formation of wire netting used in reinforcing sheet glass.
||Textile Knitting and Weaving Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Set up, or set up and operate textile machines that perform textile processing and manufacturing operations such as winding, twisting, knitting, weaving, bonding, or stretching.
- Start machines, monitor operations, and make adjustments as needed.
- Stop machines when specified amounts of product have been produced.
- Operate machines for test runs to verify adjustments and to obtain product samples.
- Adjust machine heating mechanisms, tensions, and speeds to produce specified products.