Related occupations for task:
Read blueprints, drawings, or written specifications, and consult with designers to determine sizes and shapes of patterns and required machine setups.
- Confer with numerical control programmers to check and ensure that new programs or machinery will function properly and that output will meet specifications.
- Confer with engineering, supervisory, or manufacturing personnel to exchange technical information.
||Forging Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Read work orders or blueprints to determine specified tolerances and sequences of operations for machine setup.
- Confer with other workers about machine setups and operational specifications.
||Textile Cutting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Confer with coworkers to obtain information about orders, processes, or problems.
- Study guides, samples, charts, and specification sheets or confer with supervisors or engineering staff to determine set-up requirements.
||First-Line Supervisors of Production and Operating Workers
- Read and analyze charts, work orders, production schedules, and other records and reports to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs.
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments.
||Textile Knitting and Weaving Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Confer with co-workers to obtain information about orders, processes, or problems.
- Study guides, loom patterns, samples, charts, or specification sheets, or confer with supervisors or engineering staff to determine setup requirements.
See more related occupations >>