Related Occupations for Task
51-7031.00 - Model Makers, Wood
Related occupations for task:
Select wooden stock, determine layouts, and mark layouts of parts on stock, using precision equipment such as scribers, squares, and protractors.
||Multiple Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Select the proper coolants and lubricants and start their flow.
- Measure and mark reference points and cutting lines on workpieces, using traced templates, compasses, and rules.
||Tool and Die Makers
- Select metals to be used from a range of metals and alloys, based on properties such as hardness or heat tolerance.
- Measure, mark, and scribe metal or plastic stock to lay out machining, using instruments such as protractors, micrometers, scribes, or rulers.
||Sawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Wood
- Measure and mark stock for cuts.
- Select saw blades, types or grades of stock, or cutting procedures to be used, according to work orders or supervisors' instructions.
||Molders, Shapers, and Casters, Except Metal and Plastic
- Measure and cut products to specified dimensions, using measuring and cutting instruments.
||Pressers, Textile, Garment, and Related Materials
- Measure fabric to specifications, cut uneven edges with shears, fold material, and press it with an iron to form a heading.
See more related occupations >>