Related Occupations for Task
17-2141.00 - Mechanical Engineers
Related occupations for task:
Establish or coordinate the maintenance or safety procedures, service schedule, or supply of materials required to maintain machines or equipment in the prescribed condition.
||Mining and Geological Engineers, Including Mining Safety Engineers
- Select or develop mineral location, extraction, and production methods, based on factors such as safety, cost, and deposit characteristics.
- Select locations and plan underground or surface mining operations, specifying processes, labor usage, and equipment that will result in safe, economical, and environmentally sound extraction of minerals and ores.
- Implement and coordinate mine safety programs, including the design and maintenance of protective and rescue equipment and safety devices.
- Select or devise materials-handling methods and equipment to transport ore, waste materials, and mineral products efficiently and economically.
- Direct operating or maintenance activities of nuclear power plants to ensure efficiency and conformity to safety standards.
- Direct environmental compliance activities associated with nuclear plant operations or maintenance.
- Specify and supervise well modification and stimulation programs to maximize oil and gas recovery.
- Coordinate the installation, maintenance, and operation of mining and oil field equipment.
||Marine Engineers and Naval Architects
- Coordinate activities with regulatory bodies to ensure repairs and alterations are at minimum cost and consistent with safety.
- Design and oversee testing, installation, and repair of marine apparatus and equipment.
- Determine most effective arrangement of operations such as mixing, crushing, heat transfer, distillation, and drying.
See all 19 related occupations >>