Related Occupations for Task
51-8092.00 - Gas Plant Operators
Related occupations for task:
Monitor transportation and storage of flammable and other potentially dangerous products to ensure that safety guidelines are followed.
||Petroleum Pump System Operators, Refinery Operators, and Gaugers
- Monitor process indicators, instruments, gauges, and meters to detect and report any possible problems.
- Read automatic gauges at specified intervals to determine the flow rate of oil into or from tanks, and the amount of oil in tanks.
||Stationary Engineers and Boiler Operators
- Observe and interpret readings on gauges, meters, and charts registering various aspects of boiler operation to ensure that boilers are operating properly.
- Check the air quality of ventilation systems and make adjustments to ensure compliance with mandated safety codes.
||Nuclear Power Reactor Operators
- Monitor all systems for normal running conditions, performing activities such as checking gauges to assess output or the effects of generator loading on other equipment.
- Monitor or operate boilers, turbines, wells, or auxiliary power plant equipment.
||Inspectors, Testers, Sorters, Samplers, and Weighers
- Read dials or meters to verify that equipment is functioning at specified levels.
- Monitor machines that automatically measure, sort, or inspect products.
||Rolling Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Manipulate controls and observe dial indicators to monitor, adjust, and regulate speeds of machine mechanisms.
See more related occupations >>