||Inspectors, Testers, Sorters, Samplers, and Weighers
- Inspect, test, or measure materials, products, installations, or work for conformance to specifications.
- Measure dimensions of products to verify conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as rulers, calipers, gauges, or micrometers.
- Compare colors, shapes, textures, or grades of products or materials with color charts, templates, or samples to verify conformance to standards.
||Plating and Coating Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Examine completed objects to determine thicknesses of metal deposits, or measure thicknesses by using instruments such as micrometers.
- Monitor and measure thicknesses of electroplating on component parts to verify conformance to specifications, using micrometers.
||Cabinetmakers and Bench Carpenters
- Verify dimensions or check the quality or fit of pieces to ensure adherence to specifications.
- Match materials for color, grain, or texture, giving attention to knots or other features of the wood.
||Grinding, Lapping, Polishing, and Buffing Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Inspect or measure finished workpieces to determine conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments, such as gauges or micrometers.
- Measure workpieces and lay out work, using precision measuring devices.
||Extruding, Forming, Pressing, and Compacting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Examine, measure, and weigh materials or products to verify conformance to standards, using measuring devices such as templates, micrometers, or scales.
- Measure arbors and dies to verify sizes specified on work tickets.