Related occupations for task:
Replace or sharpen dulled cutting tools such as saws.
||Cutting, Punching, and Press Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Replace defective blades or wheels, using hand tools.
- Sharpen dulled blades, using bench grinders, abrasive wheels, or lathes.
- Hone cutters with oilstones to remove nicks.
||Computer-Controlled Machine Tool Operators, Metal and Plastic
- Remove and replace dull cutting tools.
- Adjust machine feed and speed, change cutting tools, or adjust machine controls when automatic programming is faulty or if machines malfunction.
- Maintain machines and remove and replace broken or worn machine tools, using hand tools.
||Woodworking Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Except Sawing
- Remove and replace worn parts, bits, belts, sandpaper, or shaping tools.
- Sharpen knives, bits, or other cutting or shaping tools.
||Cutting and Slicing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Change or replace saw blades, cables, cutter heads, and grinding wheels, using hand tools.
- Sharpen cutting blades, knives, or saws, using files, bench grinders, or honing stones.
||Forging Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Repair, maintain, and replace parts on dies.
- Sharpen cutting tools and drill bits, using bench grinders.
See more related occupations >>