||Hoist and Winch Operators
- Move levers, pedals, and throttles to stop, start, and regulate speeds of hoist or winch drums in response to hand, bell, buzzer, telephone, loud-speaker, or whistle signals, or by observing dial indicators or cable marks.
- Start engines of hoists or winches and use levers and pedals to wind or unwind cable on drums.
- Operate compressed air, diesel, electric, gasoline, or steam-driven hoists or winches to control movement of cableways, cages, derricks, draglines, loaders, railcars, or skips.
- Apply hand or foot brakes and move levers to lock hoists or winches.
- Oil winch drums so that cables will wind smoothly.
- Repair, maintain, and adjust equipment, using hand tools.
- Tend auxiliary equipment, such as jacks, slings, cables, or stop blocks, to facilitate moving items or materials for further processing.
||Laborers and Freight, Stock, and Material Movers, Hand
- Attach slings, hooks, or other devices to lift cargo and guide loads.
- Adjust controls to guide, position, or move equipment, such as cranes, booms, or cameras.
- Guide loads being lifted to prevent swinging.
- Adjust or replace equipment parts, such as rollers, belts, plugs, or caps, using hand tools.
||Crane and Tower Operators
- Move levers, depress foot pedals, or turn dials to operate cranes, cherry pickers, electromagnets, or other moving equipment for lifting, moving, or placing loads.
- Inspect and adjust crane mechanisms or lifting accessories to prevent malfunctions or damage.
- Clean, lubricate, and maintain mechanisms such as cables, pulleys, or grappling devices, making repairs as necessary.
||Loading Machine Operators, Underground Mining
- Oil, lubricate, and adjust conveyors, crushers, and other equipment, using hand tools and lubricating equipment.
- Replace hydraulic hoses, headlight bulbs, and gathering-arm teeth.
- Start conveyor booms and gathering-arm motors, and operate winches to position cars under boom conveyors for loading.
- Service motors by performing tasks such as changing oil and lubricating parts.
- Maintain equipment such as range markers, fire extinguishers, boat fenders, lines, pumps, and fittings.
- Clean boats and repair hulls and superstructures, using hand tools, paint, and brushes.