Related Occupations for Task
53-5022.00 - Motorboat Operators
Related occupations for task:
Follow safety procedures to ensure the protection of passengers, cargo, and vessels.
||Ship and Boat Captains
- Steer and operate vessels, using radios, depth finders, radars, lights, buoys, or lighthouses.
- Dock or undock vessels, sometimes maneuvering through narrow spaces, such as locks.
- Tow and maneuver barges or signal tugboats to tow barges to destinations.
||Bus Drivers, School or Special Client
- Follow safety rules as students board and exit buses or cross streets near bus stops.
- Comply with traffic regulations to operate vehicles in a safe and courteous manner.
- Steer ships into or out of berths, or signal tugboat captains to berth or unberth ships.
- Relieve crew members on tugs or launches.
||Sailors and Marine Oilers
- Stand by wheels when ships are on automatic pilot, and verify accuracy of courses, using magnetic compasses.
- Steer ships under the direction of commanders or navigating officers or direct helmsmen to steer, following designated courses.
||Heavy and Tractor-Trailer Truck Drivers
- Follow appropriate safety procedures for transporting dangerous goods.
See all 10 related occupations >>