Related occupations for task:
Open and close gates of belt and pneumatic conveyors on machines that are fed directly from preceding machines.
||Conveyor Operators and Tenders
- Stop equipment or machinery and clear jams, using poles, bars, and hand tools, or remove damaged materials from conveyors.
- Manipulate controls, levers, and valves to start pumps, auxiliary equipment, or conveyors, and to adjust equipment positions, speeds, timing, and material flows.
- Operate elevator systems in conjunction with conveyor systems.
||Loading and Moving Machine Operators, Underground Mining
- Operate levers to move conveyor booms or shovels so that mine contents such as coal, rock, and ore can be placed into cars or onto conveyors.
- Advance machines to gather material and convey it into cars.
- Control conveyors that run the entire length of shuttle cars to distribute loads as loading progresses.
||Agricultural Equipment Operators
- Guide products on conveyors to regulate flow through machines, and to discard diseased or rotten products.
||Tank Car, Truck, and Ship Loaders
- Operate conveyors and equipment to transfer grain or other materials from transportation vehicles.