Related occupations for task:
Conduct software compatibility tests with programs, hardware, operating systems, or network environments.
- Correct errors by making appropriate changes and rechecking the program to ensure that the desired results are produced.
- Conduct trial runs of programs and software applications to be sure they will produce the desired information and that the instructions are correct.
- Perform systems analysis and programming tasks to maintain and control the use of computer systems software as a systems programmer.
- Investigate whether networks, workstations, the central processing unit of the system, or peripheral equipment are responding to a program's instructions.
||Computer Network Support Specialists
- Evaluate local area network (LAN) or wide area network (WAN) performance data to ensure sufficient availability or speed, to identify network problems, or for disaster recovery purposes.
- Test computer software or hardware, using standard diagnostic testing equipment and procedures.
- Test repaired items to ensure proper operation.
||Computer Systems Engineers/Architects
- Verify stability, interoperability, portability, security, or scalability of system architecture.
- Design and conduct hardware or software tests.
- Research, test, or verify proper functioning of software patches and fixes.
- Test issues such as system integration, performance, and system security on a regular schedule or after any major program modifications.
- Check and analyze operating system or application log files regularly to verify proper system performance.
- Test new software packages for use in Web operations or other applications.
- Evaluate code to ensure that it is valid, is properly structured, meets industry standards, and is compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems.
- Perform Web site tests according to planned schedules, or after any Web site or product revision.
- Develop or validate test routines and schedules to ensure that test cases mimic external interfaces and address all browser and device types.
See all 14 related occupations >>