Related Occupations for Task
15-1199.03 - Web Administrators
Related occupations for task:
Implement updates, upgrades, and patches in a timely manner to limit loss of service.
||Network and Computer Systems Administrators
- Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations.
- Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations.
- Configure, monitor, and maintain email applications or virus protection software.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Perform routine network startup and shutdown procedures, and maintain control records.
||Information Security Analysts
- Encrypt data transmissions and erect firewalls to conceal confidential information as it is being transmitted and to keep out tainted digital transfers.
- Modify computer security files to incorporate new software, correct errors, or change individual access status.
- Review violations of computer security procedures and discuss procedures with violators to ensure violations are not repeated.
- Maintain permanent fleet cryptologic and carry-on direct support systems required in special land, sea surface and subsurface operations.
||Telecommunications Engineering Specialists
- Implement or perform preventive maintenance, backup, or recovery procedures.
- Implement controls to provide security for operating systems, software, and data.
- Manage user access to systems and equipment through account management and password administration.
||Computer Network Architects
- Adjust network sizes to meet volume or capacity demands.
- Coordinate network operations, maintenance, repairs, or upgrades.
- Maintain networks by performing activities such as file addition, deletion, or backup.
- Plan, coordinate and implement security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure.
- Specify users and user access levels for each segment of database.
See all 9 related occupations >>