Related occupations for task:
Confer with technicians and submit reports of test results to engineering department and recommend design or material changes.
- Confer with research and biomanufacturing personnel to ensure the compatibility of design and production.
- Collaborate with manufacturing or quality assurance staff to prepare product specification or safety sheets, standard operating procedures, user manuals, or qualification and validation reports.
- Advise manufacturing staff regarding problems with fermentation, filtration, or other bioproduction processes.
- Consult with chemists or biologists to develop or evaluate novel technologies.
- Recommend biochemical process formulas, instrumentation, or equipment specifications, based on results of bench or pilot experimentation.
- Confer with engineers or other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, or provide technical information.
- Investigate equipment failures or difficulties to diagnose faulty operation and recommend remedial actions.
- Recommend design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions.
- Provide feedback to design engineers on customer problems or needs.
||Fuel Cell Technicians
- Collect or maintain fuel cell test data.
- Document or analyze fuel cell test data, using spreadsheets or other computer software.
- Report results of fuel cell tests.
- Recommend improvements to fuel cell design or performance.
||Industrial Safety and Health Engineers
- Report or review findings from accident investigations, facilities inspections, or environmental testing.
- Recommend process and product safety features that will reduce employees' exposure to chemical, physical, and biological work hazards.
- Maintain liaisons with outside organizations, such as fire departments, mutual aid societies, and rescue teams, so that emergency responses can be facilitated.
- Confer with medical professionals to assess health risks and to develop ways to manage health issues and concerns.
- Confer with clients, vendors, staff, and management personnel regarding purchases, product and production specifications, manufacturing capabilities, or project status.
- Communicate with management and user personnel to develop production and design standards.
- Recommend methods for improving utilization of personnel, material, and utilities.
See more related occupations >>