Related Occupations for Task
47-3016.00 - Helpers--Roofers
Related occupations for task:
Cover roofs with layers of roofing felt or asphalt strips before installing tile, slate, or composition materials.
- Cement or nail flashing strips of metal or shingle over joints to make them watertight.
- Install partially overlapping layers of material over roof insulation surfaces, using chalk lines, gauges on shingling hatchets, or lines on shingles.
- Apply plastic coatings, membranes, fiberglass, or felt over sloped roofs before applying shingles.
- Install, repair, or replace single-ply roofing systems, using waterproof sheet materials such as modified plastics, elastomeric, or other asphaltic compositions.
- Attach roofing paper to roofs in overlapping strips to form bases for other materials.
- Cover roofs or exterior walls of structures with slate, asphalt, aluminum, wood, gravel, gypsum, or related materials, using brushes, knives, punches, hammers, or other tools.
- Apply reflective roof coatings, such as special paints or single-ply roofing sheets, to existing roofs to reduce solar heat absorption.
- Apply alternate layers of hot asphalt or tar and roofing paper to roofs.
- Apply gravel or pebbles over top layers of roofs, using rakes or stiff-bristled brooms.
||Sheet Metal Workers
- Secure metal roof panels in place by interlocking and fastening grooved panel edges.
- Fasten roof panel edges or machine-made moldings to structures by nailing or welding.
||Cement Masons and Concrete Finishers
- Spread roofing paper on surface of foundation, and spread concrete onto roofing paper with trowel to form terrazzo base.
||Terrazzo Workers and Finishers
- Spread roofing paper on surface of foundation and spread concrete onto roofing paper with trowel to form terrazzo base.