Related occupations for task:
Drive machines into position at working faces.
||Mine Cutting and Channeling Machine Operators
- Reposition machines and move controls to make additional holes or cuts.
- Press buttons to activate conveyor belts, and push or pull chain handles to regulate conveyor movement so that material can be moved or loaded into dinkey cars or dump trucks.
- Move planer levers to control and adjust the movement of equipment, the speed, height, and depth of cuts, and to rotate swivel cutting booms.
- Cut slots along working faces of coal, salt, or other non-metal deposits to facilitate blasting, by moving levers to start the machine, and to control the vertical reciprocating drills.
- Drive mobile, truck-mounted, or track-mounted drilling or cutting machine in mines and quarries or on construction sites.
- Move controls to start and position drill cutters or torches and advance tools into mines or quarry faces to complete horizontal or vertical cuts.
- Advance plow blades through coal strata by remote control, according to electronic or radio signals from the tailer.
- Cut and move shale from open pits.
||Roof Bolters, Mining
- Dust rocks after bolting.
- Set up and adjust equipment used to excavate geological materials.