Related Occupations for Task
51-9071.01 - Jewelers
Related occupations for task:
Clean and polish metal items and jewelry pieces, using jewelers' tools, polishing wheels, and chemical baths.
||Etchers and Engravers
- Clean and polish engraved areas.
- Prepare workpieces for etching or engraving by cutting, sanding, cleaning, polishing, or treating them with wax, acid resist, lime, etching powder, or light-sensitive enamel.
- Neutralize workpieces to remove acid, wax, or enamel, using water, solvents, brushes, or specialized machines.
||Plating and Coating Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Rinse coated objects in cleansing liquids and dry them with cloths, centrifugal driers, or by tumbling in sawdust-filled barrels.
- Operate sandblasting equipment to roughen and clean surfaces of workpieces.
- Clean workpieces, using wire brushes.
||Grinding and Polishing Workers, Hand
- Grind, sand, clean, or polish objects or parts to correct defects or to prepare surfaces for further finishing, using hand tools and power tools.
- Spread emery powder or other polishing compounds on stone, or wet stone surfaces with hoses, and guide buffing wheels over stone to polish surfaces.
||Solderers and Brazers
- Clean workpieces to remove dirt or excess acid, using chemical solutions, files, wire brushes, or grinders.
- Clean joints of workpieces with wire brushes or by dipping them into cleaning solutions.
||Painting, Coating, and Decorating Workers
- Clean surfaces of workpieces in preparation for coating, using cleaning fluids, solvents, brushes, scrapers, steam, sandpaper, or cloth.
- Rinse, drain, or wipe coated workpieces to remove excess coating material or to facilitate setting of finish coats on workpieces.
See more related occupations >>