Related Occupations for Task
51-9071.01 - Jewelers
Related occupations for task:
Mark and drill holes in jewelry mountings in order to center stones according to design specifications.
||Drilling and Boring Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Move machine controls to lower tools to workpieces and to engage automatic feeds.
- Establish zero reference points on workpieces, such as at the intersections of two edges or over hole locations.
- Lay out reference lines and machining locations on work, using layout tools, and applying knowledge of shop math and layout techniques.
- Operate single- or multiple-spindle drill presses to bore holes so that machining operations can be performed on metal or plastic workpieces.
- Operate tracing attachments to duplicate contours from templates or models.
||Fabric and Apparel Patternmakers
- Draw details on outlined parts to indicate where parts are to be joined, as well as the positions of pleats, pockets, buttonholes, and other features, using computers or drafting instruments.
- Draw outlines of pattern parts by adapting or copying existing patterns, or by drafting new patterns.
- Determine the best layout of pattern pieces to minimize waste of material, and mark fabric accordingly.
- Trace outlines of paper onto cardboard patterns, and cut patterns into parts to make templates.
- Trace outlines of specified patterns onto material, and cut fabric using scissors.
||Stone Cutters and Carvers, Manufacturing
- Lay out designs or dimensions from sketches or blueprints on stone surfaces, by freehand or by transferring them from tracing paper, using scribes or chalk and measuring instruments.
- Drill holes and cut or carve moldings and grooves in stone, according to diagrams and patterns.
- Copy drawings on rough clay or plaster models.
||Gem and Diamond Workers
- Locate and mark drilling or cutting positions on stones or dies, using diamond chips and power hand tools.
- Regulate the speed of revolutions and reciprocating actions of drilling mechanisms.
- Regrind drill points, and advance drill cutting points according to specifications for channel depths and shapes.
||Layout Workers, Metal and Plastic
- Mark curves, lines, holes, dimensions, and welding symbols onto workpieces, using scribes, soapstones, punches, and hand drills.
- Compute layout dimensions, and determine and mark reference points on metal stock or workpieces for further processing, such as welding and assembly.
See more related occupations >>