Related Occupations for Task
51-9071.01 - Jewelers
Related occupations for task:
Cut, shape, and smooth gemstones, pearls, and metal pieces, using abrasives, grinding stones, and power and hand tools.
||Precious Metal Workers
- Cut and file pieces of jewelry such as rings, brooches, bracelets, and lockets.
- Pierce and cut open designs in ornamentation, using hand drills and scroll saws.
- Form concavities in bottoms of articles to improve stability, using tracing punches and hammers.
- Peen edges of scratches or holes to repair defects, using peening hammers.
- Strike articles with small tools, or punch them with hammers, to indent them or restore embossing.
- Hammer out dents and bulges, selecting and using hammers and dollies with heads that correspond in curvature to article surfaces.
||Welders, Cutters, and Welder Fitters
- Remove rough spots from workpieces, using portable grinders, hand files, or scrapers.
- Cut, contour, and bevel metal plates and structural shapes to dimensions as specified by blueprints, layouts, work orders, and templates, using powered saws, hand shears, or chipping knives.
- Hammer out bulges or bends in metal workpieces.
- Dismantle metal assemblies or cut scrap metal, using thermal-cutting equipment, such as flame-cutting torches or plasma-arc equipment.
||Molding and Casting Workers
- Measure and cut products to specified dimensions, using measuring and cutting instruments.
- Smooth surfaces of molds, using scraping tools or sandpaper.
- Bore holes or cut grates, risers, or pouring spouts in molds, using power tools.
- Cut plies at splice points, and press ends together to form continuous bands.
- Align treads with guides, start drums to wind treads onto plies, and slice ends.
- Roll camelbacks onto casings by hand, and cut camelbacks, using knives.
||Structural Metal Fabricators and Fitters
- Remove high spots and cut bevels, using hand files, portable grinders, and cutting torches.
- Hammer, chip, and grind workpieces to cut, bend, and straighten metal.
- Smooth workpiece edges and fix taps, tubes, and valves.
See more related occupations >>