Related Occupations for Task
51-9071.01 - Jewelers
Related occupations for task:
Lay out designs on metal stock, and cut along markings to fabricate pieces used to cast metal molds.
||Fabric and Apparel Patternmakers
- Draw details on outlined parts to indicate where parts are to be joined, as well as the positions of pleats, pockets, buttonholes, and other features, using computers or drafting instruments.
- Draw outlines of pattern parts by adapting or copying existing patterns, or by drafting new patterns.
- Determine the best layout of pattern pieces to minimize waste of material, and mark fabric accordingly.
- Trace outlines of paper onto cardboard patterns, and cut patterns into parts to make templates.
- Trace outlines of specified patterns onto material, and cut fabric using scissors.
||Molding and Casting Workers
- Measure and cut products to specified dimensions, using measuring and cutting instruments.
- Bore holes or cut grates, risers, or pouring spouts in molds, using power tools.
- Locate and scribe parting lines on patterns, using measuring instruments, such as calipers, squares, or depth gauges.
||Precious Metal Workers
- Cut and file pieces of jewelry such as rings, brooches, bracelets, and lockets.
- Pierce and cut open designs in ornamentation, using hand drills and scroll saws.
- Determine placement of auxiliary parts, such as handles and spouts, and mark locations of parts.
- Cut plies at splice points, and press ends together to form continuous bands.
- Align treads with guides, start drums to wind treads onto plies, and slice ends.
- Roll camelbacks onto casings by hand, and cut camelbacks, using knives.
||Aircraft Structure, Surfaces, Rigging, and Systems Assemblers
- Cut, trim, file, bend, or smooth parts to ensure proper fit and clearance.
- Layout and mark reference points and locations for installation of parts or components, using jigs, templates, or measuring and marking instruments.
- Cut cables and tubing, using master templates, measuring instruments, and cable cutters or saws.
See more related occupations >>