Related Occupations for Task
51-9071.01 - Jewelers
Related occupations for task:
Weigh, mix, and melt metal alloys or materials needed for jewelry models.
||Solderers and Brazers
- Melt and apply solder along adjoining edges of workpieces to solder joints, using soldering irons, gas torches, or electric-ultrasonic equipment.
- Melt and apply solder to fill holes, indentations, or seams of fabricated metal products, using soldering equipment.
- Melt and separate brazed or soldered joints to remove and straighten damaged or misaligned components, using hand torches, irons, or furnaces.
- Place solder bars into containers and turn knobs to specified positions to melt solder and regulate its temperature.
||Welders, Cutters, and Welder Fitters
- Mix and apply protective coatings to products.
- Melt lead bars, wire, or scrap to add lead to joints or to extrude melted scrap into reusable form.
||Molding and Casting Workers
- Measure ingredients and mix molding, casting material, or sealing compounds to prescribed consistencies, according to formulas.
- Melt metal pieces, using torches, and cast products, such as inlays and crowns, using centrifugal casting machines.
||Painting, Coating, and Decorating Workers
- Select and mix ingredients to prepare coating substances according to specifications, using paddles or mechanical mixers.
- Melt or heat coating materials to specified temperatures.
||Furnace, Kiln, Oven, Drier, and Kettle Operators and Tenders
- Melt or refine metal before casting, calculating required temperatures, and observe metal color, adjusting controls as necessary to maintain required temperatures.
- Weigh or measure specified amounts of ingredients or materials for processing, using devices such as scales and calipers.
See more related occupations >>