Related occupations for task:
Pierce and cut open designs in ornamentation, using hand drills and scroll saws.
- Cut plies at splice points, and press ends together to form continuous bands.
- Align treads with guides, start drums to wind treads onto plies, and slice ends.
- Roll camelbacks onto casings by hand, and cut camelbacks, using knives.
||Print Binding and Finishing Workers
- Cut cover material to specified dimensions, fitting and gluing material to binder boards by hand or machine.
- Cut binder boards to specified dimensions, using board shears, hand cutters, or cutting machines.
- Punch holes in and fasten paper sheets, signatures, or other material, using hand or machine punches and staplers.
||Welders, Cutters, and Welder Fitters
- Cut, contour, and bevel metal plates and structural shapes to dimensions as specified by blueprints, layouts, work orders, and templates, using powered saws, hand shears, or chipping knives.
- Dismantle metal assemblies or cut scrap metal, using thermal-cutting equipment, such as flame-cutting torches or plasma-arc equipment.
- Gouge metals, using the air-arc gouging process.
||Gem and Diamond Workers
- Split gems along pre-marked lines to remove imperfections, using blades and jewelers' hammers.
- Regulate the speed of revolutions and reciprocating actions of drilling mechanisms.
- Regrind drill points, and advance drill cutting points according to specifications for channel depths and shapes.
- Mark and drill holes in jewelry mountings in order to center stones according to design specifications.
- Cut, shape, and smooth gemstones, pearls, and metal pieces, using abrasives, grinding stones, and power and hand tools.
- Lay out designs on metal stock, and cut along markings to fabricate pieces used to cast metal molds.
See more related occupations >>