||Molding, Coremaking, and Casting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Preheat tools, dies, plastic materials, or patterns, using blowtorches or other equipment.
- Pour or load metal or sand into melting pots, furnaces, molds, or hoppers, using shovels, ladles, or machines.
- Pull level and toggle latches to fill molds, to regulate tension on sheeting, and to release mold covers.
- Skim or pour dross, slag, or impurities from molten metal, using ladles, rakes, hoes, spatulas, or spoons.
||Metal-Refining Furnace Operators and Tenders
- Drain, transfer, or remove molten metal from furnaces, and place it into molds, using hoists, pumps, or ladles.
- Remove impurities from the surface of molten metal, using strainers.
- Sprinkle chemicals over molten metal to bring impurities to the surface.
||Pourers and Casters, Metal
- Pour and regulate the flow of molten metal into molds and forms to produce ingots or other castings, using ladles or hand-controlled mechanisms.
- Add metal to molds to compensate for shrinkage.
- Skim slag or remove excess metal from ingots or equipment, using hand tools, strainers, rakes, or burners, collecting scrap for recycling.
||Foundry Mold and Coremakers
- Sift and pack sand into mold sections, core boxes, and pattern contours, using hand or pneumatic ramming tools.
- Position cores into lower sections of molds, and reassemble molds for pouring.
- Pour molten metal into molds, manually or with crane ladles.
||Molding and Casting Workers
- Pour, pack, spread, or press plaster, concrete, liquid plastic, or other materials into or around models or molds.
- Place forms around models and separately immerse each half portion of a model in plaster, wax, or other mold-making materials.