||Woodworking Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Except Sawing
- Set up, program, operate, or tend computerized or manual woodworking machines, such as drill presses, lathes, shapers, routers, sanders, planers, or wood-nailing machines.
- Start machines, adjust controls, and make trial cuts to ensure that machinery is operating properly.
- Secure woodstock against a guide or in a holding device, place woodstock on a conveyor, or dump woodstock in a hopper to feed woodstock into machines.
- Start machines and move levers to engage hydraulic lifts that press woodstocks into desired forms and disengage lifts after appropriate drying times.
- Operate gluing machines to glue pieces of wood together, or to press and affix wood veneer to wood surfaces.
||Cutting, Punching, and Press Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Position, align, and secure workpieces against fixtures or stops on machine beds or on dies.
- Place workpieces on cutting tables, manually or using hoists, cranes, or sledges.
||Sewing Machine Operators
- Position items under needles, using marks on machines, clamps, templates, or cloth as guides.
- Position material or articles in clamps, templates, or hoop frames prior to automatic operation of machines.
||Gem and Diamond Workers
- Secure gems or diamonds in holders, chucks, dops, lapidary sticks, or blocks for cutting, polishing, grinding, drilling, or shaping.
- Place stones in clamps on polishing machines and polish facets of stones, using felt-covered or canvas-covered polishing wheels and polishing compounds such as tripoli and rouge.
||Sawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Wood
- Position and clamp stock on tables, conveyors, or carriages, using hoists, guides, stops, dogs, wedges, or wrenches.
- Operate panelboards of saw or conveyor systems to move stock through processes or to cut stock to specified dimensions.