Related occupations for task:
Sand interior mold parts to remove glaze residue, apply new glaze to molds, and allow it to dry for mold assembly.
||Fiberglass Laminators and Fabricators
- Trim excess materials from molds, using hand shears or trimming knives.
- Apply layers of plastic resin to mold surfaces prior to placement of fiberglass mats, repeating layers until products have the desired thicknesses and plastics have jelled.
- Apply lacquers and waxes to mold surfaces to facilitate assembly and removal of laminated parts.
- Trim cured materials by sawing them with diamond-impregnated cutoff wheels.
||Molding and Casting Workers
- Trim or remove excess material, using scrapers, knives, or band saws.
- Brush or spray mold surfaces with parting agents or insert paper into molds to ensure smoothness and prevent sticking or seepage.
- Remove excess materials and level and smooth wet mold mixtures.
||Etchers and Engravers
- Cut outlines of impressions with gravers, and remove excess material with knives.
- Remove wax or tape from etched glassware by using a stylus or knife, or by immersing ware in hot water.
||Molding, Coremaking, and Casting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Trim excess material from parts, using knives, and grind scrap plastic into powder for reuse.
- Spray, smoke, or coat molds with compounds to lubricate or insulate molds, using acetylene torches or sprayers.
||Pourers and Casters, Metal
- Skim slag or remove excess metal from ingots or equipment, using hand tools, strainers, rakes, or burners, collecting scrap for recycling.
- Turn valves to circulate water through cores, or spray water on filled molds to cool and solidify metal.
See more related occupations >>