||Foundry Mold and Coremakers
- Sift and pack sand into mold sections, core boxes, and pattern contours, using hand or pneumatic ramming tools.
- Form and assemble slab cores around patterns, and position wire in mold sections to reinforce molds, using hand tools and glue.
- Position cores into lower sections of molds, and reassemble molds for pouring.
- Tend machines that bond cope and drag together to form completed shell molds.
- Rotate sweep boards around spindles to make symmetrical molds for convex impressions.
- Pour molten metal into molds, manually or with crane ladles.
||Molding and Casting Workers
- Pour, pack, spread, or press plaster, concrete, liquid plastic, or other materials into or around models or molds.
- Assemble, insert, and adjust wires, tubes, cores, fittings, rods, or patterns into molds, using hand tools and depth gauges.
- Operate molding machines that compact sand in flasks to form molds.
- Place forms around models and separately immerse each half portion of a model in plaster, wax, or other mold-making materials.
- Construct or form molds for use in casting metal, clay, or plaster objects, using plaster, fiberglass, rubber, casting machines, patterns, or flasks.
||Molding, Coremaking, and Casting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Pour or load metal or sand into melting pots, furnaces, molds, or hoppers, using shovels, ladles, or machines.
- Clamp metal and plywood strips around dies or patterns to form molds.
- Pull level and toggle latches to fill molds, to regulate tension on sheeting, and to release mold covers.
- Shape molds to specified contours, using sand, and trowels and related tools.
- Assemble shell halves, patterns, and foundry flasks, and reinforce core boxes, using glue, clamps, wire, bolts, rams, or machines.
- Construct preliminary models of wax, metal, clay, or plaster, and form sample castings in molds.
- Pour molten metal alloys or other materials into molds in order to cast models of jewelry.
- Design and fabricate molds, models, and machine accessories, and modify hand tools used to cast metal and jewelry pieces.
- Assemble and secure mold sections used to cast metal articles and pieces.
- Build sand molds in flasks, following patterns and heat flasks to dry and harden molds, using furnaces or torches.
||Fiberglass Laminators and Fabricators
- Spray chopped fiberglass, resins, and catalysts onto prepared molds or dies using pneumatic spray guns with chopper attachments.
- Pat or press layers of saturated mat or cloth into place on molds, using brushes or hands, and smooth out wrinkles and air bubbles with hands or squeegees.
- Inspect, clean, and assemble molds before beginning work.