||Extruding and Drawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Determine setup procedures and select machine dies and parts, according to specifications.
- Weigh and mix pelletized, granular, or powdered thermoplastic materials and coloring pigments.
- Select nozzles, spacers, and wire guides, according to diameters and lengths of rods.
||Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Select, position, align, and bolt jigs, holding fixtures, guides, or stops onto machines, using measuring instruments and hand tools.
- Select torch tips, alloys, flux, coil, tubing, or wire, according to metal types or thicknesses, data charts, or records.
- Add chemicals or materials to workpieces or machines to facilitate bonding or to cool workpieces.
||Etchers and Engravers
- Prepare etching chemicals according to formulas, diluting acid with water to obtain solutions of specified concentration.
- Select and insert required templates into pattern frames beneath the stylus of a machine cutting tool or router.
||Molding, Coremaking, and Casting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Select and install blades, tools, or other attachments for each operation.
- Mix and measure compounds, or weigh premixed compounds, and dump them into machine tubs, cavities, or molds.
||Tool Grinders, Filers, and Sharpeners
- Select and mount grinding wheels on machines, according to specifications, using hand tools and applying knowledge of abrasives and grinding procedures.
- Dress grinding wheels, according to specifications.