- Set up, operate, and tend equipment that cooks, mixes, blends, or processes ingredients in the manufacturing of food products, according to formulas or recipes.
- Mix or blend ingredients, according to recipes, using a paddle or an agitator, or by controlling vats that heat and mix ingredients.
- Press switches and turn knobs to start, adjust, and regulate equipment, such as beaters, extruders, discharge pipes, and salt pumps.
- Operate refining machines to reduce the particle size of cooked batches.
||Mixing and Blending Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Mix or blend ingredients by starting machines and mixing for specified times.
- Operate or tend machines to mix or blend any of a wide variety of materials, such as spices, dough batter, tobacco, fruit juices, chemicals, livestock feed, food products, color pigments, or explosive ingredients.
||Separating, Filtering, Clarifying, Precipitating, and Still Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Turn valves or move controls to admit, drain, separate, filter, clarify, mix, or transfer materials.
- Start agitators, shakers, conveyors, pumps, or centrifuge machines.
||Coating, Painting, and Spraying Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Start pumps to mix solutions and fill tanks.
||Food Cooking Machine Operators and Tenders
- Activate agitators and paddles to mix or stir ingredients, stopping machines when ingredients are thoroughly mixed.