Related occupations for task:
Research new technologies by attending seminars, reading trade articles, or taking classes, and implement or recommend the implementation of new technologies.
||Geographic Information Systems Technologists and Technicians
- Make recommendations regarding upgrades, considering implications of new or revised Geographic Information Systems (GIS) software, equipment, or applications.
- Conduct research, data analysis, systems design, or support for software such as Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or Global Positioning Systems (GPS) mapping software.
- Read current literature, talk with colleagues, continue education, or participate in professional organizations or conferences to keep abreast of developments in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) technology, equipment, or systems.
- Recommend procedures, equipment, or software upgrades to increase data accessibility or ease of use.
||Computer Systems Engineers/Architects
- Research, test, or verify proper functioning of software patches and fixes.
- Provide advice on project costs, design concepts, or design changes.
- Investigate system component suitability for specified purposes and make recommendations regarding component use.
- Evaluate existing systems to determine effectiveness and suggest changes to meet organizational requirements.
||Software Quality Assurance Analysts and Testers
- Provide feedback and recommendations to developers on software usability and functionality.
- Identify program deviance from standards, and suggest modifications to ensure compliance.
- Evaluate or recommend software for testing or bug tracking.
- Collaborate with field staff or customers to evaluate or diagnose problems and recommend possible solutions.
||Computer Network Architects
- Develop or recommend network security measures, such as firewalls, network security audits, or automated security probes.
- Visit vendors, attend conferences or training sessions, or study technical journals to keep up with changes in technology.
- Research and test new or modified hardware or software products to determine performance and interoperability.
- Communicate with vendors to gather information about products, alert them to future needs, resolve problems, or address system maintenance issues.
- Correct testing-identified problems, or recommend actions for their resolution.
- Recommend Web site improvements, and develop budgets to support recommendations.
- Monitor Web developments through continuing education, reading, or participation in professional conferences, workshops, or groups.
See more related occupations >>