Related occupations for task:
Research or review regulatory, technical, or market issues related to sustainability.
||Environmental Compliance Inspectors
- Research and keep informed of pertinent information and developments in areas such as EPA laws and regulations.
- Determine sampling locations and methods, and collect water or wastewater samples for analysis, preserving samples with appropriate containers and preservation methods.
- Research and perform calculations related to landscape allowances, discharge volumes, production-based and alternative limits, and wastewater strength classifications, making recommendations and completing documentation.
- Conduct research on hazardous waste management projects to determine the magnitude of problems and treatment or disposal alternatives and costs.
- Research and recommend environmentally-related financial products, such as energy futures, water rights, carbon credits, government environmental funds, and cleantech industry funds and company stocks.
||Wholesale and Retail Buyers, Except Farm Products
- Analyze environmental aspects of competing merchandise when making buying decisions.
- Collect and analyze field data related to energy usage.