Related occupations for task:
Implement or perform preventive maintenance, backup, or recovery procedures.
||Information Security Analysts
- Encrypt data transmissions and erect firewalls to conceal confidential information as it is being transmitted and to keep out tainted digital transfers.
- Modify computer security files to incorporate new software, correct errors, or change individual access status.
- Review violations of computer security procedures and discuss procedures with violators to ensure violations are not repeated.
- Maintain permanent fleet cryptologic and carry-on direct support systems required in special land, sea surface and subsurface operations.
||Network and Computer Systems Administrators
- Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations.
- Configure, monitor, and maintain email applications or virus protection software.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Back up or modify applications and related data to provide for disaster recovery.
- Implement updates, upgrades, and patches in a timely manner to limit loss of service.
- Implement Web site security measures, such as firewalls or message encryption.
- Plan, coordinate and implement security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure.
- Specify users and user access levels for each segment of database.
||Computer Network Support Specialists
- Back up network data.
- Configure security settings or access permissions for groups or individuals.
See all 10 related occupations >>