Related occupations for task:
Maintain or modify existing Geographic Information Systems (GIS) databases.
- Design databases to support business applications, ensuring system scalability, security, performance and reliability.
- Develop and document database architectures.
- Design database applications, such as interfaces, data transfer mechanisms, global temporary tables, data partitions, and function-based indexes to enable efficient access of the generic database structure.
- Plan and install upgrades of database management system software to enhance database performance.
- Modify existing databases and database management systems or direct programmers and analysts to make changes.
- Select and enter codes to monitor database performance and to create production database.
||Geospatial Information Scientists and Technologists
- Create, edit, or analyze geospatial data, using Global Positioning Systems (GPS) or digitizing techniques.
- Develop specialized computer software routines, internet-based Geographic Information Systems (GIS) databases, or business applications to customize geographic information.
||Business Intelligence Analysts
- Maintain or update business intelligence tools, databases, dashboards, systems, or methods.
- Create business intelligence tools or systems, including design of related databases, spreadsheets, or outputs.
- Develop databases that support Web applications and Web sites.
See all 9 related occupations >>