Related occupations for task:
Develop and communicate recommendations for landowners to maintain or restore environmental conditions.
- Advise land users, such as farmers or ranchers, on plans, problems, or alternative conservation solutions.
- Identify or recommend integrated weed and pest management (IPM) strategies, such as resistant plants, cultural or behavioral controls, soil amendments, insects, natural enemies, barriers, or pesticides.
- Review grant applications or make funding recommendations.
||Soil and Plant Scientists
- Provide information or recommendations to farmers or other landowners regarding ways in which they can best use land, promote plant growth, or avoid or correct problems such as erosion.
- Provide advice regarding the development of regulatory standards for land reclamation or soil conservation.
- Offer advice to rangeland users on water management, forage production methods, and control of brush.