Related occupations for task:
Establish and enforce radiation protection standards for patients and staff.
- Select appropriate culturing system or procedure based on specimen type and reason for referral.
- Select banding methods to permit identification of chromosome pairs.
- Select appropriate methods of preparation and storage of media to maintain potential of hydrogen (pH), sterility, or ability to support growth.
- Determine optimal time sequences and methods for manual or robotic cell harvests.
- Identify appropriate methods of specimen collection, preservation, or transport.
||Occupational Health and Safety Technicians
- Prepare or review specifications or orders for the purchase of safety equipment, ensuring that proper features are present and that items conform to health and safety standards.
- Educate the public about health issues or enforce health legislation to prevent disease, to promote health, or to help people understand health protection procedures and regulations.
- Determine requirements for treatment, such as type, method and duration of therapy, precautions to be taken, or medication and dosages, compatible with physicians' orders.
- Enforce safety rules and ensure careful adherence to physicians' orders.
- Maintain effective laboratory operations by adhering to standards of specimen collection, preparation, or laboratory safety.
||Medical and Clinical Laboratory Technologists
- Develop, standardize, evaluate, or modify procedures, techniques, or tests used in the analysis of specimens or in medical laboratory experiments.
See all 11 related occupations >>