Related Occupations for Task
29-1069.07 - Pathologists
Related occupations for task:
Diagnose infections, such as Hepatitis B and Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS), by conducting tests to detect the antibodies that patients' immune systems make to fight such infections.
- Diagnose or treat acute health care problems such as illnesses, infections, or injuries.
- Diagnose or treat chronic health care problems such as high blood pressure and diabetes.
- Diagnose or treat complex, unstable, comorbid, episodic, or emergency conditions in collaboration with other health care providers as necessary.
- Identify, monitor, or treat pregnancy-related problems such as hypertension, gestational diabetes, pre-term labor, or retarded fetal growth.
- Identify tubal and ectopic pregnancies and refer patients for treatments.
- Test patients' hemoglobin, hematocrit, and blood glucose levels.
- Diagnose neurological conditions based on interpretation of examination findings, histories, or test results.
- Identify and treat major neurological system diseases and disorders such as central nervous system infection, cranio spinal trauma, dementia, and stroke.
- Diagnose and treat pigmented lesions such as common acquired nevi, congenital nevi, dysplastic nevi, Spitz nevi, blue nevi, or melanoma.
- Diagnose and treat skin conditions such as acne, dandruff, athlete's foot, moles, psoriasis, or skin cancer.
- Provide and manage long-term, comprehensive medical care, including diagnosis and nonsurgical treatment of diseases, for adult patients in an office or hospital.
- Make diagnoses when different illnesses occur together or in situations where the diagnosis may be obscure.
See more related occupations >>